The name of the bar at 6449 Kennedy Avenue run by the Flickinger family -- Noble (beginning in the 1930s) and son Jackie (for about 30 years, beginning in 1950 with the death of Noble) -- was "Flick's Tavern"
"Flick's Tavern" is explicitly introduced on page 18 of the first edition of Shep's In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash.
Flick's Tavern went back to Shep's youth - for example, see public notice below from 1937 for a renewal of its liquor license - and was always located at 6449 Kennedy Avenue, at the corner of 165th Street. It was originally run by Jackie's parents, Noble and Martha. It was later run by Jackie (called "Flick" by Shep) and his wife Opal for about 30 years, after Noble's sudden death in 1950. When Jackie died in 1994, his obituary said he was a "past owner of Flick's Tavern in Hessville for over 30 years." Below is a photo of a promotional giveaway marked "Flick's Tavern."
In about 1980, Jackie (aka "Flick") retired, with his bar being sold and renamed "Brothers Two." Below is a picture of the bar taken in the summer of 1987 showing its entrance at the corner of Kennedy and 165th Street. In later years it became known as "Sebastian's Place."
Recently, the building housing the bar at the corner of Kennedy and 165th was demolished after laying vacant since 2005.
Courtesy: Steve Glazer
The Original Flick's Tavern Location - 6449 Kennedy Ave
Flicks was located just to the right of the center entrance courtesy: Jim Plummer
courtesy: Jim Plummer
1987 Photo of Brothers Two courtesy: Steve Glazer
Flicks building now demolished courtesy: Nick Mantis
Flicks promotional giveaway courtesy: Steve Glazer
Flicks promotional giveaway courtesy: Jim Clavin
Flick's Tap - 6205 Kennedy Ave
"Flick's Tap" was a different bar at a different location, 6205 Kennedy Avenue. There is no evidence to support any relation between the two businesses.
It was owned for several decades by William P. "Bill" Convery