91 Seventh Avenue South at Sheridan Square (As of 2013 the building was occupied by "Jekyl and Hyde - A restaurant and social club for explorers and mad scientists"
From 1964 to 1967 Shep did a weekly live show from the Limelight which was broadcast over WOR.
February 15, 1964 to October 16, 1965
10:05pm to Midnight
October 23, 1965 to Early 1968
10:30pm to Midnight
Jean Shepherd's drawing (see photo below) from inside the Limelight, done sometime between May, 1954 and January, 1961, while Helen Gee, founder and original owner of the Limelight, and a good friend of Shepherd's, owned it. Although he had wanted to broadcast from there at that time, she wanted the focus of the Limelight to be on the fine photographic exhibits presented there, so he only began his Limelight radio shows when it came under other ownership. From Helen Gee's collection. Courtesy of John Erdman.
At the 1970 Overseas Press Club Conference Shep was asked: "Why did you stop performing at the Limelight?" He replied that since most of the college dates needed to be a Saturday or Sunday, he preferred to do them since he enjoyed the college shows more.|